The "Fourth European Workshop in Drug Synthesis"
(IV EWDSy) is to be held from May, 27th to 31st 2012 in Certosa di Pontignano,
on the outskirt of the beautiful city of Siena, in Tuscany (Italy).
The second and third editions saw the participation of renewed international speakers and was considered a high quality event.
"Overall, the II EWDSy was a very useful and extremely well organized event that certainly can be considerd as a small gem in the crowded agenda of courses and workshops dedicated to organic chemistry."
From SYNFORM, August 2008
This edition will be focused on new Sustainable Processes for Medicinal Chemistry
This year the most important aspects of IV EWDSy are:
• morning lectures of well known researchers
• afternoon working session
• selected short presentation from brilliant young researchers
The following eminent Scientists already accepted to lecture:
- Fernando Albericio (University of Barcelona - Spain)
- Erick Carreira (ETH Zurich - Switzerland)
- Stephen Hanessian (Universite de Montreal - Canada; University of California, Irvine - USA)
- Hugo Kubinyi (Germany)
- Stephen Neidle (University of London - UK)
- Alan P. Kozikowski (University of Illinois, Chicago - USA)
- William L. Jørgensen (Yale University - USA)
- Karl Anker Jørgensen (Aarhus University - Denmark)
- Dario Neri (ETH Zurich - Switzerland)
- Gabriele Cruciani (Università di Perugia - Italia)
- Gerhard F. Ecker (University of Vienna - Austria)
- Thierry Langer (Prestwick Chemical Inc. - France)
- Katherine Seley-Radtke (University of Maryland)
- Karl-Heinz Altmann (ETH-Zurich)
- Marco Bella (Università di Roma - Italia)
- Maurizio Prato (Università di Trieste - Italia)
- Marcello Allegretti (Dompè Farmaceutici s.p.a.)
- Dieter Schinzer (University of Magdeburg - Germany)
- Nicola Cimino (Agilent)
Participation to "" is limited to 65 attendees.
Fee for participation (Euro 1.500,00 ) will include all meals and hotel accommodation in two-bed rooms for five nights (some single rooms are also available, supplementary fee Euro 200,00).Accommodation booking will be cared by the Workshop Secretariat.
To apply, please submit your name and affiliation along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: May 15th 2012
Università degli Studi di Siena
Certosa di Pontignano (Siena) - Italy
May, 27th - 31st 2012